Sunday, February 08, 2009

Holly at the Hilton


Holly has moved up from Motel 6 to the Hilton. We got the barn cleaned out so that she could use it as a maternity ward. We were so worried that it would be difficult to get her into the barn proper, and she just followed the lane we had set up like it was something she did every day.

I hope that she won't mind having a few friends stay over because there at least three other cows who will deliver soon. Our next trick is to get them into the barn. For right now, we will just be glad that we got the barn cleaned and Holly moved.

Of course, she was waiting for a better place to give birth. Now, she can have that calf any time that she wants. On Wisconsin!

3 comments:

Claire MW said...

Wow, she's got the grand treatment there! Stuffin is jealous. I had somebody comment that she might have a Valentines baby, and another say end of February, so I have a feeling you just might beat me to it...

Nancy K. said...

Enjoy the star treatment, Holly! I KNOW you're getting lots of good hay because I got some from your folks and it's wonderful!!

Karen said...

I can hardly wait for calf pictures!