Wednesday, November 05, 2008

My mother told me.........


The stars of this show are Puff on an unwashed fleece and Junior on the drying table.

My mother told me there would be days like these. This small spurt of warm weather has been a blessing for us at High Ridge. We were able to make some third crop hay. It will be offered up in exchange for two ewe lambs to round up our color chart. I finished my job on a customer's quilt and started physical therapy for the pain that I get when I run the quilting maching or spin or try to braid roving. That has got to end because I want to all all three of those things.

I finally got around to washing my fleeces. This was supposed to be done this summer. My summer was a complete failure. Nothing got done that was supposed to be done. BUT.......on the high side, Junior Minty Fresh loves the new drying table that Jake made for me especially when it is full of drying wool. Last night he was cuddled up in a white fleece looking like an angel kitty floating on a cloud. Wrong! Looks can be very deceiving especially in his case. He is a terror. But he makes for some good laughs with his antics, so I guess it is worth the trouble.

2 comments:

Nancy K. said...

What adorable photos, Sharrie!

I need to get some wool washed too....


Can't wait to see you!

Ebonwald Cardigans said...

Hey i've JUST started skirting my fleeces so don't feel bad! That's what my winters are for! Summers are just too busy with work and dog shows! :)