Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Long, long ago


It is hard to tell where one dog ends and the other one begins. Libby is proving to be a suitable friend for Scooter. He is still working on how to lay down next to her without making her angry. He is a little rough. He was easier on Suni. He just likes to be close to another dog. He started that when we first got him, and he had to be close to Suni. Now he has to learn how to get close to Libby without crushing her.

I don't have any idea why the cows were up by the barn this afternoon, but they sure looked like it was exactly what they should be doing at that moment. No calves yet, and I am not really sure that there will be any. Who knows?

Althought the two lilacs like this one are way far overgrown, they do have flowers each spring and a scent that is to die for. I am determined to get them down to size, but I have not been too successful so far.

Long, long ago, my maternal grandmother had a bleeding heart bush right by her backdoor on the farm. I always loved it because it grew so big and bushy every year. Now I have one. I had two, but the first unexpected litter of kittens a few years ago decided to use the bush as a bed. Now the second bush is much smaller than it should be.

2 comments:

Tina T-P said...

Wow! That is one gorgeous bleeding heart! Sorry you had to put your dog down. So hard to do, but harder to see them suffer. Sounds like you have lots of happy memories of her.

Well, work calls. Thanks for "stopping by" T.

Nancy K. said...

I'm happy that Scooter & Libby are doing so well. Are you going to try spinning any of their hair?

My very favorite flower, in the whole-wide-world is Lilac. I'd love to have a big bush like yours! There were two here, when I first moved here, but Don cut them down. If you ever want to dig up a few shoots off of your big, smelly, giant, I'd be happy to give them a new home....

;-)

Let's get together soon!