Saturday, October 25, 2014

Meet Coco Chanel

Today is our wedding anniversary.   I got the greatest ever, so far, anniversary present.  She is a standard donkey.   She will guard my sheep.  I haven't had a predator problem, but it is better to be safe than sorry.   She is called Coco Chanel or Nell or Nelly for short.   She stands about shoulder height to me.   So far she is a docile young lady.   She lets me go into her enclosure and brush her, and we only met this morning.  She is five years old and has worked with sheep and cattle already.  She comes over to the fence when I approach.   She needs some training, but I think that is a good job for me.  I have so much to learn about donkeys because at this point.........I know nothing.    Let the learning begin!!
Nelly just after she got out of the trailer.

1 comment:

Taryn said...

She's adorable!