Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Dusty, Lefty, and Herbie

Jake is still off work. He took a week of vacation to try to improve the arm and shoulder pain. Today he is working on getting water to flow to the back of the barn so that I don't have to carry pails to the maternity ward. I had to add a twist by telling him that one of the other cows is in the process of producing our fifth calf this afternoon. Weather is much better today. No sun, but warmer.



This is Herbie. He may have been slow getting into this world, but he is making up for it now. He is in the middle of the barn and able to sneak through the bars and walk and run around a large area. He has found a place to sleep up by the sheep that seems to suit him. Sure wish he had been a heifer because he is just adorable.




This is Dusty. There is nothing unusual about him except his mother doesn't like me very much. I don't go in by those two.



This is the youngest, Lefty. He was smaller than the others, and we had to buy him a new jacket that was smaller. The black one just fell off of him.

There will be more soon. Our second red and white is in the process. Our job will be to get her into the barn after the calf is born.

2 comments:

Nancy K. said...

They are SO cute!!

I hope you got my phone message thanking you for stacking all that hay! I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the garage door. You are the BEST...

Lybertygirl said...

Ahhh nothing cutier than sweet babies, By the way - thannks for reading my blog!