Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Back to the old days........sort of



Jake cut our first hay last evening. I decided that today was a good day for the sheep to have new hay for breakfast. Of course, that meant going out and getting it and bringing it back up to the barn area. I got my sheep feeding cart, another small wagon, my pitchfork, and my trusty companions. We headed out to the field with them riding in the back of the cart. Libby wasn't too sure about the whole thing, but she did quite well for her first ride. It is another ideal day here with cool, windy, sunny weather. I can handle it. A good day to "do it" the old fashioned way.


When I had pitched both wagons full, we went back to the homestead. Libby needs to learn that wheels are not to bark at and attack. She had to ride sitting up on the seat with me. Scooter was willing to either run loose or alongside on the leash like I have taught him.


The ewes and lambs were just as happy as the boys were to have freshly mown hay. It will probably keep them busy until nap time. The two dogs didn't wait until nap time, they have just collapsed in the living room, and I can now do some quilting.

2 comments:

Nancy K. said...

How I'd love to have a "sheep feeding cart" like yours!

What a fun morning you had. And now, an afternoon of quilting? Life is good! ;-)

Heading for WORK in the Bluff Country.....

Yellow Jacket Ridge Angoras said...

That certainly doesn't look like any hobby farm to me! Looks like a full fledged operation.

I followed your comment to your blog and have enjoyed reading about your wonderful life.

Thank you for stopping by my little hobby ranch. Wishing you blessings from the ridge!