Monday, May 25, 2009

2009

That was then; this is now.


Sheltering Pines Snowy on the left and Sheltering Pines Lolly on the right are going to be mothers any day now. It may be late, but we don't have anywhere to go.






This is my "rose garden". Last year it didn't even exist because of all the stress in my life. This year it has risen from the weeds to give me great joy again. I love having cut roses in the house and will probably keep having them as long as I am able.

Oh, on Tuesday we got rid of the steers, bulls, major bull, and two cows that never calved. Hooray!!!!! We had to cut out one heifer and one cow, who didn't calve yet, and one steer for little white packages who were mixed in the the group. There is our seed money. Last evening, Jake comes out to where we were leveling the yard with dirt using the Bobcat and says, "I think there is a new calf in the pasture." Well, knock me over with a feather.........There was a new calf in the pasture.....A HEIFER. She is all black and maybe we should call her "surprise" because I sure did not know she was coming. Her mom, the heifer, did a good job.

So far..........2009 is way better than 2008 even though of being!!!!

1 comment:

Nancy K. said...

New lambs to look forward to, beautiful roses to add beauty and fragrance to your home and a heifer calf, a new puppy.....

I'd say things are WAY better than last year! And look like they'll just keep getting better!!

Wishing you a wonderful summer. I hope we can get together some time!