Friday, March 20, 2009

What a day!

Yes, the first day of spring. Also scheduled today was my surgery for carpel tunnel syndrome in my left wrist. So, I get up early because they said I could eat before 7:00 a.m., and I didn't want to miss a meal if I didn't need to. I eat breakfast and take care of the animals. Then †he phone rings. And what to my wondering ears should I hear, but the voice of my shearer. Knock me over with a feather. BUT.......what does he want? He wants to come here late afternoon about 5 or 6 to shear my sheep. Or maybe he might not come because his other job would be too much. Like........I don't think so. I told him about the surgery, and he still thought it could be done. Not possible. The sheep are outside; we might not even be home by then, he might not even come; we have a barn full of cows and calves. Need I continue. I called him back and told him it just couldn't be done today. That is the first time that a shearer has called me, and I had to refuse his offer to come at a certain time. He said next week or the week after. That would be better even though I will still have restraints on what I can do. He said his son would be with him to catch the sheep. It will have to be that way because I can't catch sheep until after the stitches are out on the 31st of the month. (and then I ain't so good at it anyway.)

Snowing out right now, but warmer weather is in the forecast. Good enough for me.

4 comments:

Nancy K. said...

So, did you have your surgery? How'd that go? I didn't even know that you were having surgury! I hope you're hubby's going to be able to take over your chores for a few weeks! I guess you won't be doing any spinning for a while...

Want to go to Shepherds Harvest in May?

Anonymous said...

Ouch, hope it went ok

Yellow Jacket Ridge Angoras said...

I hope your surgery went well and you are on the mend. Blessings!

Karen said...

Hope your recovery goes well, take care of yourself!