Sunday, March 22, 2009

Same old, same old


Presenting number eight. He is a real flashy little guy. Born yesterday to Poppy one of the original cows we brought up to this farm. She is a real good mom, and they are both doing fine. Count: 6 boys and two girls. That doesn't bode well for my lamb crop.

Hand is doing well. I took off the bandage/splint this noon. It is covered with the ace wrap and my old wrist brace from the drug store just to protect it. Minimal pain.

Main man is making a new place for my ewes in the front of the garage. Will document with pictures when it is finished. It was his idea and has something to do with having no room for the ewes in the barn for shearing. No room because the cows and calves are continuing to increase.

3 comments:

Nancy K. said...

Oh my goodness, Sharrie! I can't believe all the boys your getting! maybe things will even out with the ewes....


;-)

P.S. I absolutely love the hay that I got from you (so do my sheep)!

Michelle said...

I agree with Nancy; you have to think positive. If things tend to average out between the sexes, that should mean that you will get LOTS of ewe lambs and very few rammies, since the cows are taking care of all the boys!

Crosswinds Farm said...

What a fancy little guy! Of course, I am very fond of spots.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for ewe lambs for you.