Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Good Reason to Rise Early



I had checked Lucy three times during the night, the last time being at 4:00 this morning. I knew she was close to lambing. When I got up at 6:30, I went out in my nightgown and slippers just like during the night. Lucy was in the shed laying down, but when she got up, there were two tiny white hooves protruding from her behind. It was happening! (You should always get up early!) Without too much work,(I might have helped a litle.) she gave birth to a black and white ram lamb and a brown, black and white ewe lamb. What a thrill!!!

They are doing well, but the simple shepherdess needs help with identifying color and markings on these flashy twins.

It is an overwhelming experience for me to be present when lambs are born. I never feel closer to God than at those times. It lasts through the whole day leaving me feeling full of awe and wonder. How could anyone not believe? Thanks be to God for all the wonders of this world that I am able to observe and be part of.

I will take better pictures when I can go out to the shed for an extended period of time. Right now I am waiting for a phone call from Todd with more good news, I hope.
I have prayed for a positive result in the SS hearing today for quite a while. Maybe the wonderful birth was a good sign that it will be a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG Sherry! They are INCREDIBLE!!! You have GOT to be on cloud nine! Who is the sire? The little ewe lamb almost looks like a spotted Kat!

Congratulations, CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Please keep the photos coming.

Yeah ~ I'd say they were "worth waiting for". ;-)

I hope ALL your news is good...

P.S. I'm having a hard time leaving this message. I'll try doing it anonymously...

Nancy