Monday, April 20, 2009

Improvement


This is how our house looked with a porch added onto a porch. Don't ask why!

This is where the door was. I had already started the demolition.

After the windows came out, Jake took off the worst part of the roof with the Bobcat.

Now, it still has a half roof. That will become shade for the pasture when he attaches it to the back of the garage. Now I don't have to be quite as embarrassed about how this house looks. As you can see, it really isn't green here yet. The washing machine got left out because that is where I wash my wool, and I still have to work on that task.

2 comments:

Aleta said...

I love old farmhouses! We would have liked to have had one and we looked at some when we were shopping for our home here, but the farmhouse locations were never right: next to a RR track, next to a highway, a chemical plant, etc.

Looks like a big job for you! Thank goodness for farm equipment!

Lybertygirl said...

Looks like you are sprucing up the place for your new 4-legged addition! Congratulations and welcme to the wonderful world of Cardigan Welsh Corgis! I do want to caution you - Cardigans are like potato chips, you can't have just one!!!